Pages

Looking for something else? Type your search here

Frank Lampard: 'Jose Mourinho Is World's Best'

Photo Courtesy
Courtesy of The Sun
 
The Blues have famously rotated the man in the dugout in recent years — with SEVEN different men writing the teamsheets since Mourinho left in 2007. 

From the highs of Champions League glory to the lows of Luis Felipe Scolari and Andre Villas-Boas, the approach has had mixed results. 

But Chelsea’s all-time leading goalscorer Lampard reckons Mourinho has the man-management qualities to bring title glory back to Stamford Bridge ahead of a possible return. 

He said: “It’s a presence and an aura and a way with people. 

“He galvanises people. His own self-confidence reflects back on his teams. He did that to me personally. 

“Tactically he’s fantastic. He’s very astute. As a team he sets you up brilliantly. 

"But what he does is he gets the best out of players and gets this togetherness that I’d never known until he came to the club and I haven’t seen it again since then.” 
  Lampard came of age under Mourinho at Chelsea, scoring and assisting at will on the way to two Premier League titles.
The 34-year-old added: “He might rub people up the wrong way. 

“As a manager, he’s brilliant with his team, tactically, he’s brilliant with individuals and I think he’s brilliant with the press. 

“I know it creates a storm, but he does protect his players.” 

“He made me believe I was better than I was at the time. 

“I thought I was a decent player, but he said to me ’listen, you can really get to the top’ and he made me believe it. I tried to take it on and do it. 

“I’ve had really good managers and different managers at times. It’s the ones that get the best out of you, individually. 

“Mourinho was the best. For me he was. He brought my confidence to a level it had never been.”