Pages

Looking for something else? Type your search here

AFC Leopards Striker Paul Were Recalled to Harambee Stars Squad A Head of Malawi Match

Paul Were : Image Courtesy
Courtesy of Super Sport Football News. AFC Leopards winger Paul Were has been recalled to the national team as it goes into camp in preparation for the 2014 World Cup qualifier match against Malawi next week. 

The player had earlier been called but was later dropped from the squad that travelled to Nigeria for the one-all draw match on Saturday 23 March. 

The recall has excited Were, who says he’ll work hard to prove that he deserves to be in the national team. 

“Playing in the national team is always a big honour and I’m really happy that I have been recalled,” Were said. 

“It provides me with another chance to prove myself and help my country in the remaining matches. I hope to do well if given the chance,” he added. 

Were is owned by Nairobi Provincial League side FISA FC and his one-year loan deal to Ingwe expired at the beginning of this month, and is yet to be renewed. Reigning Kenyan Premier League side Tusker are said to be eyeing him and have initiated talks with his parent club.