Pages

Looking for something else? Type your search here

Manchester United's Ryan Giggs Undecided on Future

Ryan Giggs: Image Courtesy
Ryan Giggs says he is yet to map out the path that will follow his eventual retirement from football, but the Manchester United legend admits he is excited about the next chapter in his career. 

Giggs is currently attending the FIFA Under-20 World Cup in Turkey as part of the UEFA Pro Licence course and has been widely tipped for success in either management or coaching following an illustrious playing career that has yielded 25 major honours and over 1000 matches.

Of course, the iconic Welshman is far from finished yet and is about to embark on an unprecedented 24th season at Old Trafford – his first without mentor Sir Alex Ferguson. But he is self-aware enough to know the end is near and is already planning for whatever might come next.

“It’s quite tough, I am sort of an intense person so when I am still playing and concentrating on that,” Giggs explained during an interview with The FA's official website. “But also, I have got to start thinking that it is near the end, I have to start thinking about what I am going to do afterwards.

“I am in the process of doing that really and obviously coming on this course has helped me, speaking to other people, listening to what the coaches or tutors say, and just trying to get little bits that can help you really. Everyone has their own style and everyone picks up different things.
“Obviously, I'd be stupid not to pick up on the stuff I've learnt from Sir Alex. So I don’t know where I am going to be a coach or a manager, if I decide to go into coaching, but it is obviously exciting for me.