Pages

Looking for something else? Type your search here

AFC LEOPARDS Coach Eymael threatens to Resign

Adapted from Goal
 
The Belgian tactician accuses top officials of neglecting the team and not respecting advise from technical bench and says he will quit if things don't change.

Incensed AFC Leopards tactician Luc Eyamel is at it again. The Belgian has issued fresh threats to quit the club he has served for the last three months on what he term as ‘being frustrated by the team’s top hierarchy.’

Eymael samples failure by Ingwe’s top executive to find a better training venue and delay in paying match bonuses as some of the issues that could trigger his unceremonious exit. Eymael has now threatened to resign in the next 48 hours if the problems are not solved.
“We are human beings and AFC Leopards’ top hierarchy should treat all of us the same. We are going through difficult problems and I thought when the new office took charge things could change for the better.

“Nothing as changed…we are being forced to train at Marist International College grounds in Karen, a venue I have constantly refused to use because it has caused injuries to most of my key players’.

“The pitch is not good for playing football. It is very bumpy, hard hence dangerous for use. I and my technical bench have on several occasions complained to the EC on the same but no one seems bothered. I must protect my players’ because they earn a living from playing football and to allow them train at the venue is a big risk.”

Eymael added, “I will not use the venue and if they insist then I will have no options but quit. Being a professional coach I must take care of my players’ welfare and I can not allow my players to continue suffering from injuries that we can protect.”

He continued, “I have always dedicated myself to my job and look…I took over reigns of coaching the team when they were placed position 13 on the log but now we have moved up to third. That is a very big improvement and I insist with proper planning we will better the performance.”

Since replacing sacked Tom Olaba, Eymael as steadied Ingwe’s ship with a number of top class performances the latest - Sunday’s 1-0 victory over Sofapaka at Kasarani.