Pages

Looking for something else? Type your search here

Former AFC Leopards Coach Jan Koops Wants Vacant Gor Mahia Coaching Position

Koops : Image Courtesy
Former AFC Leopards head coach Jan Koops has expressed interest in taking up the coaching reins at Gor Mahia. 

Koops has urged the 12-time KPL champions to give him a chance to replace Croat Zdravko Logarusic who was sacked last week. 

Koops has been a regular at Gor matches recently and in an interview he said he is a professional and sees absolutely no wrong in taking up a role at his former employers’ arch rivals. 

“Gor Mahia is a big club and with the role currently unoccupied why would anyone refuse if approached,” said Koops. 

“I am open to taking up the job if asked to despite my history with AFC Leopards. The two clubs have a big rivalry and, yes, AFC Leopards was my first club in Kenya but I am a professional. I can handle the pressure. 

“Gor Mahia fans are as well happy when they see me at their matches so their social nature is all special.” 

Bobby Ogolla, who served as Logarusic’s assistant is holding the coach’s role on a stand in basis as the club looks for a permanent replacement. (Source)