Pages

Looking for something else? Type your search here

Gor Mahia's New Coach, Bobby Williamson is More than delighted with a winning Start

Nairobi Kenya: Coach Bobby Williamson is determined to make a mark at Gor Mahia after getting his tenure off to a great start with a 2-0 win over Chemelil Sugar at Nyayo Stadium on Wednesday. 

Williamson also explained why he accepted the K’Oogalo job saying the passion of the fans and the directors gave him the motivation to take up the offer and promised to help guide Gor to greater heights. 

He urged the passionate fans to always give 100 percent support to all the players even when they face low moments in a match as it would be motivational to the entire team. 


"I am delighted to be in this great club with so many passionate fans and management. I am also very happy that Gor has so many talented players who can fit in any big stage. People might question why I did not play Dan Sserunkuma but it’s important to know that I have nothing against him as he is a superb player. Kiongera was in superb form and it definitely shows me that he has to start again on Sunday." 

"I feel it is important for the fans to be supportive of every player even when they don't perform according to expectations as this helps to bring motivation in the team. I don't know many Kenyan Premier League teams but I will definitely take one game at a time as I learn more of our opponents," Williamson told supersport.com. 

”I have urged all the players to work hard and given them an assurance that they are all part of my plans meaning anybody who impresses will be given a chance to play as we have many matches still pending," he added. 

Williamson who hails from Scotland took over from sacked Croat Zdravko Logarusic after having coached Uganda Cranes for five years during which he won four Cecafa Senior Challenge trophies.....Courtesy of Super sports