Pages

Looking for something else? Type your search here

Player Facts: Mohamed Jamal Finally Speaks Out

Image Credit: Goolgle.Com
After saving his face by displaying a fantastic footworks and out of this world football tactics in Malawi, Jamal Mohamed finally spoke out to supersports.com. 

Jamal talked about his life in general, after his controversial images  found their way into newspapers and social media last week, the former Mathare United player sought to give his side of the story. 

This is an excerpt of what he said - courtesy of Super sport.Com

Supersport.com caught up with him on Friday to find out how what he makes of the situation that saw him come under heavy criticism. 

Supersport.com: You were Man of the match against Malawi, what’s your take on that match? 

Jamal: We had some players injured, and we were under pressure to go out there and get something because we fell short in terms of numbers. I did my part and it resulted to a good performance. 

Supersport.com: Who is Jamal Mohammed? 

Jamal: I am just a player who strives to fight for team and by doing that I hope we as a unit improve each and every day in terms of what we do. 

Supersport.com: Three days before the match you were caught on camera having a good time and smoking shisha, what was that all about? 

Jamal: Some people in the media want to tarnish me. But in life, we have people who make you and others who break you and you have to learn from that. I was at an event during day time and not at night as it was portrayed.

Supersport.com: This definitely reflects bad on your discipline. What do you make of your actions? 

Jamal: I’m the most disciplined player in the team and also the most misunderstood. I follow coach’s instructions in camp and even recommend other players who are better than me to him. I’m as open as that and I to set records straight plus I don’t even sneak from camp. 

Superport.com: What’s your plan now that World Cup qualifiers are done? 

Jamal: I’m going back to my club in Oman and work hard for my place in the national team. I always want to earn the call up on merit and not because of my name.

Supersport.com: How is life in Oman? 

Jamal: It is boring because you live without family. However, sacrifices have to be made in order to get a living to get going and that is why I have to do it.